View Single Post
Old 09-01-08, 05:54 PM
AndrewCO
If you fail, make it epic

Bikes: Fuji Newest 3.0 ('07), Trek Verve 2 Disc ('20), MTB/Sport Bike coming soon.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PastorW
I am a Clyde married to one hot Athena (yes I know that I am a lucky man). I have been cycling just long enough to understand the bike I have, to daydream about the next one, and that is about it. My beautiful Athena wants to start riding with me some and we are looking for her a bike. This will be her reward to herself for being able to ride a mile without wanting to cry (her words not mine). Any advice would be greatly appreciated from any of you all (especially you wonderful Athenas). She is 5'2" (on a good day) and weighs ~ 220ish (I hope I'm not in trouble). She has had a couple of hard pregnancies and other health problems in the past three years so we won't be doing any hard off roading, just easy riding for starters and much later progressing to some of the hilly roads here in Mammoth Cave National Park. I ride a Gary Fisher hybrid, so we are thinking about something similiar. Any suggestions?

This is the bike my wife has and she loves it. Of course, she's 6', about 200 (sorry babe) and has a very bad back. It's the first bike we've tried that she has felt comfortable on (that front shock really does help).

They make them in a 13.5" low-step, so that should help your Athena I think.