Old 09-01-08, 08:59 PM
kokomo61

Bikes: Giant OCR C2, Kona Jake the Snake, Scattante 650-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by uke
Nice ride. But so cluttered! I'm all about the stock bike + backpack.
I'm actually OK with the 'stuff'. I don't ride with a backpack because my back gets sore when carrying stuff (and I have a T12-L3 spinal fusion, too). In the heat, I need 2 water bottles, and in the traffic, I need the horn. Lighting is a necessity, too...so it's all in what works for you. I know guys who do longer commutes than me on single speeds, so while my hat's off to them, I ride with what I think I need (or might need).

Nice bike. I'd love to see a shot of your cockpit if you have time. I can't imagine how you can fit it all on there!
Here ya go:

Nice bike. Bye the way I was raised in Kokomo Indiana.
So was I.....my Virginia license plate says KOKOMO - and I've had a couple offers to buy it.

Quick side story - most people think the Beach Boys song is about an island called Kokomo, and maybe it is, but the title was picked because John Phillips was looking for a word that fit in with the other lyrics. Kokomo happened to work best, so it became the title of the song. For anyone that's ever been there, it's about as far removed from a tropical paradise as you can get.
'06 Kona Jake the Snake