Old 09-03-08, 10:20 AM
Mirogojski

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can you tour Europe for more than 90 days?

I've been planning to make a round trip from the south of Europe (Croatia) to north (Sweden) and back, starting spring next year. With plans well underway, I have now found out that it is only possible to stay within the Schengen zone for 90 days in any half a year (being from Croatia, which has a non-visa agreement for stays under 90 days). Which is a problem as I reckon the trip would take between four and five months.

This page on crazyguyonabike.com:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/p...e_id=73547&v=g
suggests that you need a visa for staying over 90 days. But that contradicts all the info I've unearthed online so far, which suggest that the only possible way to stay longer is to get a type D visa / residence permit for a specific Schengen country. And even then it's unclear how much movement that would allow you outside that specific country. But it doesn't seem to matter anyway, as I visited the Swedish embassy in Croatia and the lady behind the desk said that I shouldn't even bother applying for it, as there is no way they'd issue one for the purpose of touring.

Does anyone know of a possible workaround? I've been so excited over the trip, and now it's been shot to pieces!