View Single Post
Old 09-05-08, 06:36 AM
botto 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.BoJingles
I've been doing a lot of searching for a while and I'm really searching for the best I can get for my money. I've talked to my LBS's and they're willing to service anything, even BD bikes. I was thinking for a long time about buying a MB and having a local shop tear it down and build it up. But in the search for a Ti bike I came across GVH Bikes, a couple emails and now I'm considering having them build a SRAM Rival bike for me, or buy their build kit and have a local shop build my bike.
if they weren't, then it would be time to find a new LBS.

Originally Posted by Mr.BoJingles
I've seen some OEM carbon frames on the bay and things like the Pedal Force and the group buy currently being organized. I have a lot of experience with OEM manufacturers (albeit not with the cycling industry) and generally you see "buddies" of the factory getting the same stuff, unbranded at "good guy pricing". But I feel a bit hesitant about buying a "generic" even compared to a MB or a used frame, are my concerns warranted?

FWIW I'd rather buy an all American (or European) bike for personal reasons, but they are very expensive and I still have Tuition and gas bills.

Thanks.
there is no longer such thing as an 'all american' bike.