pgoat
Batüwü Griekgriek

Bikes: 1986 Trek 500 Tri Series, 2005 Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ronandi
I saw the dismount sign the other morning and it made no sense to me. To 'dismount' and walk my bike? To where?...and I never saw a 'remount' your bike sign....
exactly. It's purposely vague. I was imagining leaving a nasty note - "what does this sign mean? Hello??? dismount from where to where? from my house to Lexington Ave.?"

thank you for sharing this. It's really a joke. "EDUCATING?"

you've GOT to be kidding. That's like a school teacher going into classroom, handing students a blank piece of paper and no instructions, and giving them an F if they get it wrong. Not knowing what they're even supposed to be doing. If motorists had their streets policed with this kind of shoddy signage they'd have these cops hung up by their gonads pronto.

If the aim is make people slow down - how about a speed limit sign? And how do you enforce that when 90% of bikes there won't have speedometers?

The ped lane thing is a joke.

Straight out this is :

a. nypd revenge vs. cyclists - which is a joke since I've never gone near Critical Mass and I bet many fellow commuters never have either.

b. a grand deterrent against cycling in NYC - which despite all the recent PR from City Hall to the contrary, is becoming clear.

Last edited by pgoat; 09-06-08 at 10:09 AM.