Roast Beast Sammich

Bikes: Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wernmax
I know what you're seeing...and saying.

I was an atheist, Buddhist, then Scientologist for the first 38 years of my life. Even now it seems my "fellow Christians" only follow a system of situational ethics formed of economic necessities, mostly guided by unequal weights and measures, and might is right.

Endless war is just the fastest way to transfer a Nations wealth to unscrupulous private hands, through "no-bid" contracts, so I doubt it's religion based, although that makes good propaganda.

I've only done what I can by not supporting or feeding the current machine as little as possible. Maybe leave a few more resources to the next generation by living simpler. I try live with this in mind: Just about whatever the "World", through it's various medias, tries to tell me is the "right way" to live and think, is almost always wrong.

I like this thread...lots of intelligent discourse by good hearted people.
Endless war is just a coincidence; a feature found in any organism.

Wealth generation and transfer is best achieved in a peaceful system of unfettered trade which is then gamed and abused just before the breaking point, but no further. War for wealth transfer is a clumsy, chaotic process. If the current war was for wealth transfer the US failed to follow through on that aim because Iraq is selling it's oil on the global market at the going rate, without price breaks or incentives to the US.

I, too, have separated myself from much of the current machine, mainly because I expect more for my time and effort than government programs and various free market entities provide. Often they just don't deserve my wealth or yours.