View Single Post
Old 09-07-08, 01:33 PM
harleyfrog
An Army of Fred

Location: Lost South of Nowhere East of Edan On the Waterfront Far from the Madding Crowd (Biloxi, MS)

Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nick95673
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/t...CREE-Q5/Detail
ENTER CPFuser TO GET 6% OFF

Holy crud!!!

My 2 Romisen RC-N3 Q5's from Shiningbeam.com just came in. These babies are bright. I work in Law Enforcement and we often sit around comparing flashlights rated around 50-70k candle power. I can not tell you how high these rate because I am not an engineer. However I know for sure that when I get to work tonight I will be bragging about my flashlight that is just a hair less bright that cost 1/4 of the other guys lights.

The only con was that the beam can not be focused. However at 3pm when it was 100* out I could see the spot light on the ground from 4 feet away in direct sunlight. I would highly recommend these. I have 2 Duracell Rechargeables 2400mAh-AA/HR6/DC1500 NiMH/1,2V in them. I would highly recommend these flashlights even if you dont use them on your bike. I will use these at work. They will blind someone for sure.
I just received my Romisen RC-N3 Q5's last week and I admit they are bright. Haven't had a chance to try them on the bike under nighttime or twilight conditions, but maybe tomorrow (I have the day off) I'll go for an early morning ride and see how they perform.