Old 09-08-08, 11:40 AM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm down with Rando

Hey Bob, nice meeting and riding with you and Shawn as well. I didn't see the camera, the speck in the background of your self portrait is me, regrettably. One of the many times you zipped up a rise on that heavy old rando bike to leave me and my fancy featherweight Trek Madone behind, with no excuses but for sore legs and too much gut. On that last leg I was pretty sore on the climbs but still managed to roll pretty good on the flats.
I saw you and Shawn rolling up 210 as I was heading out of town for the long long ride home, yelled and waved but you guys looked focused.

I do like the randonneuring thing despite my comments about how those "crazies" do double century weekends every weekend, and when the hell do they do their laundry, just jealous that I don't have the time. I particularly like the old school bikes. Maybe I'll trade in that undersized Trek 520 for a "real" old school touring bike. My avg yesterday was 16, the GPS cut out for a while and shows 15.7.

Keep me posted on what club rides you're doing or if you just want to put a ride together.