View Single Post
Old 09-08-08, 04:39 PM
Zan

Bikes: Road: Trek 1.5 (2007). Mountain: Santa Cruz Chameleon (2008). Beater: Peugeot Recorde du Monde (1850)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waysidekoi
I'm definitely going to get more miles under my tires.. what do you think is a competitive number to shoot for in terms of miles per month? At this point I have been mostly riding during the weekend and working out during the weeks, but I'm going to incorporate more miles during the week.

I know that the number of miles someone can do varies from person to person, but I am healthy enough that I know my body can handle it. I've been doing about 70mi/wk.. should I aim for a higher number?
I'm not that great of a rider, i'll admit it. I'm definitely stronger and faster than the average person (person, not rider), but i'm not that fast on the bike. don't get me wrong, though - i'm not horrible.

I've been trying to ride 30-40km/day, 6days/week. ... that works out to be about 800ish km a month... or for you, my american friend, 500 miles. as i said, i'm not that great, either. if you want to be competitive you'll have to ride more.