Old 09-09-08, 04:05 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
'trying to show the varied terrain we have here' by misleading the reading public of a national bicycling publication about 'classic rides' out of seattle?

... snip ...

considering the Stevens speedway or Snoqualmies' interstate tedium 'classic Seattle rides?' - come on!!!

Seattle does NOT have good mountain pass riding, Matt. don't make it out like it does, that's misleading.
well it depends on who you ask. stand on the BG trail, and yeah few will even know that the passes are ridable. go to Ramrod, and they've probably done one or more of them. and of course randos ride them all the time. consider also that Ramrod & HPC get hundreds of ridres each year; mtn passes are actually pretty popular (ok maybe not 90, but you get my drift). no they aren't the most popular routes around, but they show how awesome our terrain is.

having said that... given that i actually need to ride all the routes in question, i probably can't squeeze in any pass rides anyway, so that pretty much decides it. i'm planning on keeping it in and around the city for the most part.

Originally Posted by cheg
The Gasworks- Fremont bridge - Nickerson - Interbay - Dravus Street - Thorn**** - Magnolia Loop - Locks - Gasworks loop or the reverse is a classic Seattle ride.

Gasworks - Seward Park - Gasworks is good.

U District to Volunteer park via Interlaken is worth a mention.
those are some good routes, thx

Originally Posted by Two2Go
Since these are 'classic' routes, I have a question about your Lake Washington Loop. I've always gone through the Arboretum and then down Lake Washington Blvd and Seward Park Ave to connect to Rainier Ave. Isn't this the typical, classic route? Also; what is that little jog at Juanita Bay? Don't you stay on the main road and follow it through rather than making a right on 116th and a left on 98th?
that Lake Wa loop route was an old one, not what would be published. the published one would skip Rainier Ave and take Lake Wa Loop through the Seward Park area. and the little jog on the east side was just a mapping error on my part.

-

for the record, i really regret ever typing the word 'classic' in this thread. i should have just said "good seattle routes" or something less grand!

my race videos