Old 09-11-08, 09:05 AM
The Human Car
-=Barry=-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HC203
I had looked into the Extracycle. How do you like it? My wife does all our shopping, mostly up at Trader Joes in Towson, nearly impossible to bike safely up to that store. But hey let's drill in Alaska and offshore so we can continue to drive our gas guzzlers a few miles for a cup of joe. I'm the guy that was at the bike symposium in Annapolis, so sick of the car culture. I say tax that gas to 10.00 per gallon and use the revenue to build pedestrian friendly infrastructure.

I'm heading out to Charles St. for the Peace rally 4-6 anywhere between the Harbor and the beltway. Anybody want to meet up, ride up and down Charles?
I am in love with my Xtracycle, basically it can do 90% of the stuff you use a car for, from groceries to hauling kids around. Try Trader Joes on Reisterstown, coming in the back way is nice, a few hills but nice. That's something else that the Xtracycle changed for me, I used to go to the closest store but now I mostly go further out for nicer routes, time to chill or just to spin a bit longer. It's hard to describe the feeling of doing a utility/joy ride.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing latter but a ride/peace rally sounds fun, if you'll have cell phone with PM me the number and if I can make it or in the neighborhood, I'll call.
. . /L
=()>()