Old 09-11-08, 02:27 PM
mnaines

Bikes: Diamondback Windwood Citi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bckpck2rev
This is might have been said but I didn't catch it...besides the gas and car sh*t, if you go car-free you save money everywhere. how many times were you driving and you purchased something on impulse? I always did, now that I have been car-free for awhile, my money goes to food and living expenses (including bike maintenance). No more frivolous spending, if something is needed then buy it, everything else becomes well a waste of money. you eat better, you sleep better, you feel better and you can kinda gloat that in this autocentric society you manage to get around hassle-free.
I think the frivolous spending is deterred by the unfathomably small cargo capacity on a bicycle (compared to an automobile) and the extra energy required for lugging the extra cargo home. As far as food, just buy some protein bars, maybe some fruit bars, a water bottle for juice, a Camelback for water, another water bottle for milk, and throw in a brown-bag lunch for good measure, then when people start complaining about the price of gas, global warming, or the obesity epidemic, all you have to do is laugh and go "Not my problem. Take a good, hard look at me. Does it LOOK like I need to worry about any of those?"