Old 09-11-08, 02:48 PM
mnaines

Bikes: Diamondback Windwood Citi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JR97
I'll have to disagree there. For impulse spenders the impulse is just redirected to bike gear. I've seen this again and again.

But to answer your question, I save quite bit just in gas, wear/tear, and bus fare. My truck is a gas guzzler. The bus just flat out sucks and can take up to 3 hrs to get to work instead of 1 hr by bike and 20 min. by driving.

The amount of food I eat lowers my "profit margin" a bit, but I'm eating way more healthier. I can't put a price on how good I feel physically from biking as much as I do. My hockey game has increased exponentially as well. Again, that is priceless now that I'm on the back end of my 30's and my game should be declining.
As far as impulse-buying bike gear - IMO, impulse buying bike gear is less expensive than walking out of a grocery store or mall with a cart (or in some cases more than one cart) full of stuff you bought "just because" and suffering from the gas mileage drop because of the added weight in the car, and unlike impulse buying at malls and stuff, you eventually do become satisfied with the bicycle stuff you do have.