Old 09-16-08, 08:56 AM
SouthFLpix

Bikes: 2007 Giant Cypress DX, Windsor Tourist 2011

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by anastrophe
The people you know are more dangerous than the people you don't.
That's generally very true. I realize that I'm new to this forum and cycling in general, but it actually comes as a real surprise to me that some women would be that worried about their personal safety in situations such as the original poster described. Namely traveling in pairs at normal daytime hours.

Just for reference, as part of my photography work, I often will meet up with a model (usually 15-25 year old women)after no more then a few e-mails back and forth. In the modeling world anything over 125lbs is considered overweight, so these are not exactly physically imposing women. Yet they have absolutely no problem meeting a complete stranger at dawn or dusk in whatever location I happen to suggest.

Honestly I think being ***** and murdered by a total stranger is an extremely rare occurrence. I do not have statistics to back this up, but I bet your chances of winning the lottery are better. Of course if you watch the news regularly you would think these things happen every day of the week.