freelance gangster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so my 54 cm Windsor Hour in white came today

Some notes:

My 54 cm was threadless.

The white pearl looks pretty darn nice. No knicks and the box was in pretty good condition when i received it.

The 54cm does not have toe overlap! In fact with the clips adjusted as far back as possible, there is about a 3cm gap between the clips and the tire when they are positioned closest together. Based on this and also what i've heard from other 52cm owners in this thread, I would assume that stock 52cm's also do not have toe overlap.

That being said, it's obvious the Windsor definitely has a more lax geo than my Kilo TT in 50 cm. In fact, with a 73 ST/72.5 HT fuji track specs, not BD geo specs), it appears to be slightly more lax than my 54 cm Dawes SST (74 ST/72 HT). The stock rake on the Hour's fork is also much more than the stock Kilo's. The steep rake of the Kilo's forks (37.5 - 28 depending on size) are probably the biggest factors of toe overlap in the Kilo TTs smaller sizes. (stock Hour/Fuji Track rakes are 45-35, depending on size). (Of course there are other factors such as crank size and HT angle and TT length)

The bike is about the same weight as my 54 cm Dawes SST (which only has one brake at the moment, the windsor is stock and doesn't have any right now.) My 50cm Kilo TT was MUCH lighter, even with a brooks B17 on it.

The stock hour saddle sucks. I actually love the stock saddle on the SST.

I haven't given it a ride yet because i'm waiting on some parts and I want to sell the stock wheels/tires as brand new take offs. Being that the geo is similar to the SST, i'm sure I will love it. If I had to do it all over again, I would have ordered an Hour over the SST because of the lack of brake cable guides and because I like my hour's white over the sst's blue. the bikes are very similar.

Last edited by daybreak; 09-17-08 at 07:47 PM.