View Single Post
Old 09-17-08, 08:01 PM
piper_chuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nota
Well the B2B (century riders) start at 7:00, and I'm not sure what the mileage is before getting to the Pkwy, but even the fastest riders probably won't start rolling in until closer to 10:00ish or so. I know one thing, after doing the TdT ride the day before, I'll probably be lucky if I can even make it to the Pkwy by noon.

Actually, I've recently developed a serious yen to try and do the entire BRP, all 469 miles of it, sometime in the not too distant future, myself. It'll probably have to wait until sometime next spring or early summer, though. I've been trying to find someone else, or a small group of riders, that would like to do it with me.

I did a 45 mile ride up on the Pkwy, just off 421 between Wilkesboro and Boone, this past Sunday, with 5 other guys I met up with from a cycle club out of Wilkesboro. At the end of the ride, which was fabulous btw, one of the guys piped up and said he was planning to do the exact same ride - from Skyline Drive to the end of BRP, sometime next spring. Eureka! I'll likely camp at the campsites along the BRP - though if I could wrangle up a nice big motorhome or such for the week, I'd try and have the womenfolk to drive along the Pkwy and meet up with them at campground in the evenings. That would avoid having to carry a tent and pitch it every night and then have to pack it in the morning.

Anyway, hope you have a fabulous ride this weeken; and as Wolfpack says, "Be safe".

Cheers
I checked the B2B cue sheet. It looks like 72 miles before reaching the parkway. I'll make sure I get to my turnaround past the viaduct early enough so I don't end up in the middle of the ride. Maybe next year I'll be able to do some of the organized rides. A ride of the whole parkway sounds like a great trip.

Good luck on the TdT and the B2B, and you be safe too.