Old 09-21-08, 07:11 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Can't let The Historian have ALL the fun....

I was going to do a 16km loop I often do, but decided to go elsewhere, then decided to take the camera, put on the second pannier and filled it with camera gear. Then off I went, did a nice 6km run to G Ross Lord Park, it's kind of like Historians Shu... whatever trail, I think I have taken pictures of most of the park, over the last 3 years or so,,, Still it's countryside in the city, and it's only 5km from home.

Yesterday it was a bright sunny day, and 26℃, today it was mostly cloudy and 18℃ actually nicer riding weather, and better photography weather as well, you actually get better photos in the even light of a cloudy day, then it bright and harsh sunlight. Yesterday this trail would have been full of people, today, I don't think I really saw more then 10 people, a shame really. I always wonder, if the automobile had not been invented, is this what a highway would look like?

There has been a lot of rain, and a lot of storm damage this year, so several large trees have given up the ghost as well, like this one:

And this one:

I have lots more photos, and will post a full ride report on my blog once I get all the photos processed on the computer, and uploaded, I have more on my Photobucket page, accessible from my Blog.

Was around 15km total, I would normally know for sure, but the stupid bike computer was acting up, I wonder if the battery is going, how do you tell?