Old 09-22-08, 08:47 PM
bigbris1
One skid from blown knees

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My experience is this:

I was looking to get back into FG after some time away. I come from the era of getting frames from other bikers, not stores & definitely no internet. Went to the closest LBS to my office & found the Fuji Track 2008 among other bikes. Test rode the Fuji & was impressed. Went back with $440 cash looking to buy the 58cm priced at $459+tax only to hear, "What?!, It's bike season. I can't do nothin' on the price. Plus you need a 61".

Found the Windsor Hour for $299 shipped & after viewing pics noticed it was essentially the Fuji Track. Purchased. Then it all started coming back to me. See, I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing getting back on a fixed gear after years (about 10) had gone by.

Now I'm looking for a piece of wall-art I can also ride. I just purchased a new frame in the hope of dispelling a lot of rumors perpetuated mainly by this site, the review coming soon.

Point? Get the Windsor Hour if you like it & know your size. Some of you will be content with it the way it is, some of you will want to upgrade parts & eventually build an exceptional bike. Either way, the Hour is the best bang for your buck out of the gate IMHO (in my honest opinion). Let the haters hate, see my sig for an explanation of their hate.