BlastRadius
Direct Hit Not Required

Bikes: Leopard DC1, Ridley X-Fire, GT Zaskar 9r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for lighting my way Storrs

After a long weekend of Festival activities, I needed to get out for a ride. I got home around 4:30 and was about ready to take off when my wife needed me around so she could run an errand "real quick". She didn't get back till 5:20 so that's when I left. I thought if I got to Woodside and back, it'd be about 7:40... not totally dark I thought.

It was a beautiful evening, not hot or cold or windy... perfect. The ride out to Robert's Market was pleasant except for the swarms of flying bugs that hover right in your path ready for you breath a few into your nostrils. Blech. I got to the turn around at Woodside Rd right on schedule to make it back.

When I made the turn around and headed north on Canada, I picked up a commuter wearing a Vissenka jersey on a Specialized MTB with narrow slicks. I kept going my pace figuring he'll either hang on, drop off, or pull ahead if I was going too slow. As we got close to Edgewood, he pull along side and said hi. He also mentioned how smooth I was; that made my day. I didn't get his name or get to plug BF so if your reading this, thanks.

After commuter guy pulled off at Edgewood, I continued north and noticed it the sun was really low on the horizon. I saw a guy up ahead with a SuperFlash so I tried to catch up to him. I didn't catch him until he stopped to push the light button at 92. After a brief chat I found Storrs was coming from Santa Clara and heading home to Brisbane along the same route I was going. It was very fortunate I met up with him as I didn't have any lights (overestimated the amount of daylight left on this Autumal Equinox) and Storrs did. So he basically lit my way home from the north end of Sawyer Camp Trail to when I turned off to head for home. I did get to plug BF so if you're reading this, thanks Storrs.

I got back at 7:40 just as I planned. It was a good ride with perfect weather and I met some friendly fellow cyclists. Yay!

Henry