View Single Post
Old 09-24-08, 07:02 AM
Hydrated
Reeks of aged cotton duck

Bikes: 2008 Kogswell PR mkII, 1976 Raleigh Professional, 1996 Serotta Atlanta, 1984 Trek 520, 1979 Raleigh Comp GS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hirohsima
I use these (Smith V-Ti) and REALLY like them:

They come with 3 lenses and I use the rose color lense pretty much the whole year. They have a lifetime warranty which I already used on my last set and they gave me a whole new pair when the nose rubber detached. I used to use Oakley M's and still like those, but the frame broke on me and I needed a change of glasses anyway. Oakley used to have a lifetime warranty on their stuff but now its only a year (or 2, I can't remember).
I normally eschew very expensive items like these glasses, but I like the lifetime warranty idea. I keep stuff forever... hell, I still commute on the bike that I bought new in 1983!

I have a concern about these glasses. I would like to use these interchangable lenses because my morning ride is in the dark, so the clear or lighter lenses would keep bugs out of my eyes. But I'd want to change them out for darker ones for the ride home in the bright sun.

The question is:
How will these stand up to lens changes twice a day, every day? Will they get loose and fall out or break?

And is that covered under the warranty? I tried to look it up on their website, but couldn't find mention of that particular situation.