bdcheung
Carpe Diem

Bikes: 2007 CAAD9; 2014 CAADX; PedalForce CG1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by skinny
Well, it's meant to be more than just funny.

Consider that we have an entire thread devoted to the public shaming/outing of individuals who are banned(btw,what is a sockpuppet?), but the forum members are not privy to any info about the moderators. What they do is in secret, what they say is in secret, and somehow I suspect that jim's little revelation was more him blurting out something that mods have said/felt/thought all along; they just weren't supposed to say it to the "kids". Of course the mods will say nay, but saying something over and over doesn't make it true. Actions make it true. Transparency makes it true.

At the very least the paying members should have some participation in the oversight of this forum if that is what they want. And the mods should be appointed/elected by the paying members.
^^ that was productive. I agree that there needs to be better mod-member communication. I don't think that patronizing moderators with child-parent analogy jokes is a step in the right direction, though. Thanks for clarifying your other post.