View Single Post
Old 09-24-08, 11:30 AM
garysol1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by forrest_m
Now I get it, miamijim was the "bad cop," so that now when LowCel comes back acting conciliatory, we all say "yay!"
You give us way to much credit. None of us have time to sit here and think up good cop bad cop scenerio's

I think disrespect is just fine, lots of posts don't deserve respect.
Agreed...Lot's of posts don't deserve respect but the people behind them are due the same amount of respect that you would give a stranger walking down the road. You can disagree with his comments without retaliating to name calling.

In a similar vein, I think the objective of moderating threads to keep them on-topic is simply misguided. If all I want is basic factual information, we can shut down the forum today and just use the search function. What keeps me coming back is the conversations. Oddly enough, they usually have a way of circling back to something bike-related anyway.
Agreed within reason. If a thread makes a u-turn within the first or second post before the question has been answered then I think a little guidence would be ok. After that let it go where it may...

Finally, I would even go so far as to say that your final line about "making it a better place for everyone" carries the seeds of the decline of RC.
How did you twist that comment into a negative???

Again, I do believe that there are limits and that moderators should step in to squash racist comments, sexual harassment, blatant spam and the like, but only in the most extreme cases.
What would be a non extreme case of racism or sexual haraament?