View Single Post
Old 09-24-08, 11:31 AM
Vireo
labeled rude by nOObs

Bikes: Tommasini Tecno, Pinarello Tandem, Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Fixed Gear, Serotta CSI Custom, Bianchi Campione del Monde, Cervelo P3 Carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dick Rhee
My issue is that the overmoderation and insistence of staying on topic is making the forum stale for those who have been around for a while. While this is the Road Cycling forum, I frequent this place not because it's strictly about all things road, but because it's a community of individuals with the same interest. Off topic posts, rants, and the occasional RyanF help keep this place interesting. I'm happy to keep contributing to constantly rehashed topics (IE: "Thinking of going clipless: Opinions?" or "Will Upgrading my Denali Road Bike with Zipps Make Me Faster?"), it gets old fast when that's all you've got.

I would also like to ask why threads are disappearing for the smallest of reasons. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where a member was showing off pics of his new bike and a couple of posters were criticizing the fact that it was pink. The OP didn't seem offended, but regardless, the entire thread was deleted. It just seems that mods are becoming a touch sensitive.
A lot can be learned from the off topic rants and how convenient you can learn something else OTHER than what is in the thread.