View Single Post
Old 09-25-08, 03:40 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CACycling
I had a bike stolen out of my garage (wife left it open) and my insurance company asked for itemized list. I had a check for the total replacement cost less deductible (carried a $250 deductible at the time and coincidentally had $250 worth of stuff attached to the bike, which was also covered, so actually got value of a new bike) in less than a week and didn't need to produce any receipts.
That is the exception rather than the rule! Of all the bikes I have had stolen over the years I have never received anything close to a reasonable payout. In fact the last 4 that were stolen together were required to be covered under a separate rider by the a**hole insurance company, but the "forgot" to tell me bicycles and tools stored in unattached garages were not covered under the main policy when they renewed it. After that break in I promptly "renewed" my policies with an different insurance company

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon