View Single Post
Old 11-28-04, 06:31 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shortly after I got my F700, I was riding a popular trail with a buddy in Germany. It was an awesome DH switchbacking down a cliff by a river. I had hit the last section and was trying to catch up to my friend(a more experienced rider at the time). The trail had washouts every few meters where logs had been laid to prevent erosion and we were bunnyhopping them. There was a little rock garden in the trail before a covered walkway to a ferry station. Wasn't lookin' far enough ahead, I guess, and didn't spot the rocks til I was in the air bunnyhopping a log. Panicked and hit the brakes--in the air still. Hit the trail, my bike stopped-I didn't. Went face first into the rocks. Woke up seeing stars. I had broken/chipped 3 teeth and peeled quite a bit of skin off my right shoulder, face and hands(through my gloves). What could I do? I was on a weekend and I felt okay after my head stopped spinning. We got back to the barracks and had some beer....