Old 09-25-08, 07:13 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JKing
My wife and I are hooked on this show, I don't think we've missed an episode yet (DVR's are the best when you have 6 month old twins).

It really helps me get motivated when I'm out of shape and feel good about my recovery after a chubby winter. The show has been on so long I've watched it eating ice cream at 205lbs and salad at 230lbs. Also keeps things in perspective as a parent to make sure I don't make the same mistakes my parents did, I was quite chubby as a kid.

Anyone else a regular viewer?
I don't watch the show, as I don't get a channel that it's on, I don't have cable. One thing to remember though with reality TV, is that's it's not reality, it's TV that appears to be reality, Participants are picked for their TV appeal, not for their ability. This is why they have so many turkeys on American Idio... er Idol ther first few weeks of the show, it makes good TV. A participant who is not doing well, but is good TV, will stay around, where as a participant who is doing well, but is poor TV, will lose. Participants know this, it's part of their contract, they are actually paid as actors, often union scale, during their time on the program, it's something like $400 s day, so even if you don't win, but are on set a few days a week for a few weeks on the show, you can end up with a nice chunk of cash.....