View Single Post
Old 09-25-08, 10:28 PM
tekknoschtev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
operator, can I ask why I should have them in pairs? I was able to adjust the cones just fine with this setup. No, this is not the be-all, end-all of cone wrenches, but versus paying a small fortune for a set, spending more on shipping than the tool, waiting 3-6 weeks, all the while my beater bike being out of commission, or having the LBS do it leaving me in the same position as I was in, not having the know-how or tools to do it myself. And, the opportunity cost was low on this. The time calling and then maybe running around town and spending $8+/wrench or waiting for shipping far outweighs the cost of the 20 minutes my brother and I spent working on it - and again it meant that I could have my bike back in service now rather than later.

Yes, I do intend on eventually getting a set of the double ended wrenches, but I don't really see why its required or how it'd even save me time/effort. This, coupled with a normal box open wrench worked fine for what I needed.

(This probably came off more defensive and argumentative than I intend. I really don't mean for it to sound that way.)