Old 09-26-08, 04:54 PM
Missbumble 
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
OK GUYS- What happened to our group love/hug group? Where's our compassion? Maybe I have been to one too many 12 step meetings - but I do not see these people as fat "slobs". I see them as me - where I could go. (There but for the grace of ... go I). I do belive food is an addiction and that they do not wake up each day and say man I am glad I am fat! They have a problem - and yup the show does go overboard - but man they are inspiring the world! I betcha the Biggest loser Online has helped thousands and thousands lose weight....

I definitely think the workouts are unhealthy - Paul from last year did not make the finale as he was in the hospital...but that could have happened anyway.

I also LOVE the challenges - I do not love the temptations...that is just wrong! I also love the cooking portion of the shows... ANYWAY all in all I love the show - am very inspied..and like one poster - I too watched when I was a sad sack sitting on the couch and could not put the food/popcorn down to today when I am 36.5 pounds lighter...and actually feeling great fitting into clothes from normal stores and feeling sexy again. I have a long way(45-55) pounds...but am very exited to be on the joiurney with y'all.

Today at the gym - I was on the Step Mill (revolving stair case) for 40 minutes (now have a migraine so may have overdone it!) and thought I could be on an episode on the Biggest loser - Last Chance Workout. Anyway - I think the show inspires a ton of people... Though I do think when I was 226.5 I looked thinner then a lot of the women do (DENIAL). Secretly - or not so secretly - I would love to go on the Biggest Loser... But at my svelte 190 right now and 1 pound a week weight loss - I may fall below the dreaded yellow line!

Maybe we should have the Clydesdale/Athena Biggest Loser Thread - we could all weigh in on Monday mornings... then stay off the scale for a week - and post our weight loss/percentage of weigth loss... and go from there! But no one goes home - as we all are already home. So, so far...the Purple Team (ME) has lost 16.1% and will not be voted off the show.

And finallly to connect this long post to biking..Hopefully - I will get over my migraine and go out and ride tomorrow and then Sunday on another ride! As I go out and ride on the Group ride..I may make up my own Biggest Loser Challenge - perhaps try and decrease the amount of time between when I finish my ride and the people on the group ride finish - I am trying to up my avg and perhaps eventually ride with the group!

By the way don't y'all want to try the Biggest Loser Challenges...Like the treadmills over the pool - or the see saws last year! Just love it! I bet someone could make a ton of money having places hold events like that...

OK - if you read this far - sorry for the long post!

Last edited by Missbumble; 09-26-08 at 05:23 PM.