Old 09-28-08, 04:35 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by patrick8037
The ***** of this all is I can't work until I'm reimbursed for my bike, so not only am I out a bike, but I'm losing out on wages until I have a new bike.
Go rent a bike and charge it off on the insurance claim (same as if the guy totaled your car and you rented one). Make sure the insurance company knows that the cost of your claim goes up each week with that weeks cost of the rental plus 2 weeks past full payment by them to allow you to purchase a new bike. This may help the insurance company to settle with you quicker. The insurance company may want to split the checks - one check to cover the damages for a new bike and another check once you have the final receipt for the bike rental.

Be sure and include any and all accessories that were even slightly damage. If you were wearing a helmet, include that in the claim, as all helmet manufacturers tell you not to use a helmet if it has ever been in an accident.

Be ready to fight the insurance company and threaten to get a lawyer involved if they are not willing to work with you and "make you whole". An insurance/legal term which if used properly can help your claim go smother and recover more of your cost.