Old 09-28-08, 06:12 PM
Big_Hindu
I are Big Hindu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't even know

Lol, I didnt even know there was a classification for people like me. Im 6ft 260 lbs and I started riding everywhere since I started my junior year of college this year.

It started the 2nd to last week of august and I went to sports authority to buy a bike because I knew it would be the best way for me to get around campus. So I went a dropped $250 on a diamondback outlook. I had a larger seat put on, well for my larger rear. I brought it home and the fist time I took it out the chain came completely off and and the wheels weren't true from the get-go. So I brought it back, argued with the dude a little, but brought it back. I am very much a loyalist. Treat me well and I will stick wit your products forever, I may be young, but I have been doing this for a while. The first time I take a bike out and I have a problem does not sit well with me. I went to an actual bike store for my next purchase, Bicycle Source in North NJ. I went in and told the guy straight, I need a quality bike that can support me and a fat seat. He hooked me up with a Giant Boulder SE. I rode it around it felt good, so I bought it. $278 fir the bike and the wider seat. The people there treated me well, were very cool, and seemed like genuine people, so if you ever need anything around North Jersey, hit them up.

I guess I should also state that I have left knee and ankle problems, I messed them both up pretty good this past January and have been in an ankle and knee brace since.

So now it's been a month of riding around my campus, which is all uphill, lol. And I feel pretty great. The bike it holding up well for being ridden 7 days a week by a 260 lb rider.

I do have some Q's:
-How can I keep my legs fresh? I ride everyday, and sometimes when I leave in the morning it is harder now that it was when I first started.
-Any weight loss tips for an everyday rider?

here is my ride:

Thanks for your time guys.