txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NoRacer
If it was the Cape Henlopen Tri, he didn't get to float probably due to dangerous rip currents. So it would've been a run/bike/run & puke thingy.
Originally Posted by DrPete
And that's exactly what it was... The rip currents AND the 8-foot surf were kinda the factors...

Did kinda so-so. I'm a horrible runner, so you can imagine my joy at getting to do it twice. Kept it fairly easy on the bike in anticipation of more running, when really I should've turned it up on the bike knowing that my run would suck anyway. Took it way too easy but ended up with a 21.4mph average and picked off a ton of people on the road. So I made up a good amount of ground on the bike, but not as much as I could/should have. My result was pretty mediocre but I've only been back and training since July. Bottom line, though, I had a blast. I dare say it was more fun than a road bike race...
Sheesh, typical Army doods, scared of a little water.....

Then again, being a typical Squid, I tremble and cry like a little girl at the thought of running.

I'm a little amazed to find this thread still running. I figured my one day or so abduction into the real world would have been enough it to see it's end. Lucky me, I think.