View Single Post
Old 09-30-08, 12:22 PM
bicyclebicycle!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
alien wheels are terrible

bought a pair of alien wheels about a month and a half ago, I have all ready stripped out the hub threading. I contacted alien and told them the story, wrote them twice they never contacted me back. So I guess Im out of luck because from what I understand there is no warranty on these wheels but how would I know they never got back to me. If you buy nice rims make sure you have nice hubs too. Frankly I would rather drop cash on nice hubs and skimp a little on the rims. The velocity rims you see for sale, around $250.00, mostly come with formula hubs and in my opinion formula hubs are garbage--just like the alien hubs, I should have known; you get what you pay for. The rims on the alien wheel set are fine I guess I am going to get new hubs (Dura Ace, Phil Woods, Profile or steinwerks, if I can find them) and have my local bike store lace them up to the alien rims, or what ever rims they are--who knows? Any way what im trying to say don't be tempted by the price tag on alien wheels, save your self the headache and spend a couple hundred more on high quality hubs and descent rims and I promise you will have your new wheels for a long long time, not to mention you will actually save money in the long term.