genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by MN Bianchi
I went in this morning to get the torn miniscus on my left knew fixed. I walked in at 8:00 and walked out just after noon.

Last Saturday I did my first ever century ride of 105 miles. I am really quite anxious to get back on my bike as soon a possible. The doctor said I could give it a try in a few days and see how it felt.

I will be 60 in just over a month. Does anybody have any recent experience with knee surgery?

Does being back on the bike in a week and doing 40-50 mile rides in 2 weeks seem reasonable?

Thanks
Had mine done nearly 20 years ago... tore it in an ocean wave while walking the wrong way.

It was done with minimal invasion through a couple slits in either side of the knee.

Jeeze if you can walk out of surgery today, they must have really improved things... I was on crutches for a week, and did PT for about 3... which included riding a stationary bike. Funny thing though... I would not ride at their prescribed 60rpm... no way... told them I ride at 80rpm and higher. The staff "marveled" at my fast recovery.

I was out riding again at full strength in less than 6 months.

Buddy rider of mine had his done about a year ago, he was back kicking my butt in just weeks... I guess the surgery has improved that much. Really it took him about a month to get back to full strength.

Good luck.