View Single Post
Old 10-01-08, 12:20 AM
joetotale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kyselad
+1. How exactly were the cog and lockring installed? There are plenty of Forumula/Dimension/whatever hubs with scads of hassle-free miles, and lots of just-so stories about stripped hubs that were never tweaked after they arrived in the mail. There are certainly defective hubs out there, and you may have installed everything correctly in this case, but these basic hubs can be remarkably durable for riders that don't need (or think they need) high-performance parts.

P.S. Those fawning FGG "reviews" of sponsor products are hilarious. I'm sure it's a perfectly serviceable wheelset, but somehow I find threading on both sides of the hub to be a useful feature rather than an eyesore. Has anyone ever seriously "pondered making something to thread onto that waiting side"?
ha, i was pretty sure that i wasn't the only one who seriously ell oh elled at that ish.

and +1 to the comment about formulas et al. it always seem weird to me when folks on ssfg bash them for being "entry-level" hubs or whatever, when the fact of the matter is that they are quality parts if properly maintained. but they seem to be the same folks who lunge for ano'ed phils or some other overpriced hubs when they immediately start swapping out components on their new iro completes, if you know what i'm saying.