Old 10-01-08, 03:08 AM
mander

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's my CSI reconstruction. Normally when your weight falls to one side (i.e. your body zigs) your bike naturally zigs underneath you. So, instead of falling off the bike you do a turn. Effectively, you are falling and the bike catches you.

But leaning hard on the bars and trying something new at high speed, I bet you had a lot of body tension. Your body zigged, but your arms were so stiff that the bike could not turn to come underneath you to catch you. In your tension and nervousness, you might even have steered it the wrong direction, so that the bike actually zagged. Instead of catching you it was like "see you later *******", and then, you ate ****. Just imagine leaning your body one way, and steering in the other, and see if that reminds you of your accident.

The solution to this problem is just to remember to keep steering when you're skidding. If you skid at slower speeds to start (try wet pavement or a grassy slope to make it easier), and stay relaxed and chill, this will come naturally; you won't even have to think about it.

Last edited by mander; 10-01-08 at 03:22 AM.