Old 10-01-08, 12:58 PM
d2create

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike
I thought the days of buying water bottles were over. There are so many good drink bottles available free from post-use drink bottles. Like Savethekudzu's post advises above, the Gatorade bottles are perfect. For $1.69, you get the bottle and the drink too.

These days, when I am in a gift shop and I see a water bottle with the area name silk-screened on it, I think, "oh man, how many of these things do they have bungled up in inventory?" Kind of like having a Zippo lighter with a company logo on it as a promotional gift. You wonder what dinasaur was responsible for that brilliant idea.

I sure do agree that many/most purchased water bottles DO indeed leave the water tasting like chemical swill. I just switched to the empty retail water/drink product bottles and the problem was solved.
If the FDA won't allow plastic bottles to be recycled and used as plastic drinking bottles a second time, that's good enough for me not to use them more than once. "They" say the plastic leaches harmful chemicals. Do i have proof handy? Nope. Don't need it. A $4 bottle is nothing when it comes to my health. But I work in the packaging graphics design business and I heard it has something to do with the fact that even the cold drinks are "hot-filled" at the plant for shelf stability.

Last edited by d2create; 10-01-08 at 01:02 PM.