Raven87
I'm just sayin'...

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Cannondale Quick 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
So far, it seems like you're trying to push everything on the bike lower.

This will work if your inseam is really short for your height; have people commented that your legs are shorter than normal? The reason why I say this is, with a really low seat, it's like you're riding on an extra-long frame -- which would be fine if you have short legs and a looong torso. However, you're not bringing the bars any closer to you by dropping them -- the steerer tube is angled so that, as you lower the stem, the bars actually get farther away.

But anyway --

Forget the handlebars for now, and -- again -- set the saddle according to your pedal stroke. If you've already done it exactly as described at bicycletutor.com (and his video is spot-on, IMO), and it still has to be as low as shown in your pics, you can either keep the bars low on the steerer (which will result in a long reach) or get a smaller bike (which will result in an average reach).

Looking at your pics again -- is it just me, or is the whole bike angled way back in the first pic?
+1

Although, if you look closely at the parts of the tires/wheels that are visible, it almost looks like the nose of the bike is sitting higher than the rear and I think this may be what creates the illusion that the seat is tipped upward at the front.

In his second picture, things look more normal level-wise relating to the seat.

It would be nice if he could post a pic of his leg as he sits on the seat in the riding position. Your advice to adjust the seat height correctly is vital to getting everything else in line. Given the geometry of the bike and his height, I would wager a hot fudge sunday that he needs the next size down.

By the way, your two Cannondales are gorgeous. How do you like the Bad Boy?