View Single Post
Old 10-06-08, 07:28 PM
domestique
Shut Up and Ride

Bikes: 05 Cannondale Six 13 (Record 2008 with DT rr 1.1 rims, WI H2 Hubs and CX-ray spokes), OLMO Antares (Micx of 06 Record and Chorus), 1988 Tunturri, 1980's Fuji, 1970's Crescent (Sweeden)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWJODonnell
The Danes speculate when you click here.

If I had to guess based on my gut and no evidence? The Schlecks rode EXTREMELY well. Cancellara? It would be a huge disappointment, but him and Jens destroyed the peloton, day after day. Jens? Say it ain't so. Still, wasn't he dropping climbers on an early climb in one of the stages? How about Mr. I-can-suddenly-out-TT-everyone-in-the-world-with-a-piss-poor-position schumacher? I called Ricco early, and well, that was there, but how about Menchov? The man did not seem to suffer in the least early on, though later in the race it seemed tough for him. I will call Cadel clean only because he screwed the pooch on the final TT.

Of course, I could hope they were all clean and just enormously gifted athletes, but that was the me of three years ago. Now my hopes are that Jens, Fabian, and Vandevelde (and mayb ethe schlecks too) are clean...that is, the guys I am rooting for.

+1, Jens Voigt would be my biggest dissapointment.... I almost stopped watching the Tour after Rasmussen got axed, but if Jens gets caught then that may be it for me.... It wouldn't be so much of a problem for me if everyone admitted to doping and it was allowed, but when you have riders that time and time again say they are clean and talk a big talk of loyalty etc.... then get caught..... it just gets old.