Old 10-08-08, 06:05 AM
dguest

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Crosstrail Elite, 2008 Cannondale Six13 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MN Bianchi
I went in this morning to get the torn miniscus on my left knew fixed. I walked in at 8:00 and walked out just after noon.

Last Saturday I did my first ever century ride of 105 miles. I am really quite anxious to get back on my bike as soon a possible. The doctor said I could give it a try in a few days and see how it felt.

I will be 60 in just over a month. Does anybody have any recent experience with knee surgery?

Does being back on the bike in a week and doing 40-50 mile rides in 2 weeks seem reasonable?

Thanks
I am glad you are doing well and hope you have no further problems. They sure have improved the way they treat joint injuries.

I am not familuar with knee surgery, but I tore 2 tendons in my ankle 2 weeks ago. This happened on a wednesday, they did the surgery on thursday, was on crutches thursday and friday, Saturday they placed a brace on the ankle and told me that I could ride a bicycle but to let the pain tell me how far. I rode saturday and sunday 25 miles both days with no problem. The surgeon told me that bike riding is the best thing for my injury, it gives you all the movement of the foot and ankle with out the impact of walking. He also said he recomends it for knees also. Still have the brace on, will have it for 6 to 8 weeks.

Last edited by dguest; 10-08-08 at 06:10 AM.