Thread: OT: 50+: Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-09-08, 01:53 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
Right now the economic powers are working together to stop the financial blood bath.

I wonder how long after that is accomplished before nations turn on each other demanding
punishment and/or retribution of the greedy clowns that caused this mess and the lax governance
that allowed it, both in this country and others. I fully expect to see some flag changes before
this is over. I fear the economics are the beginning of a major upheaval. That will be the "Bump".

To keep this bike related....time for a loooooong ride. Glad to be a city dweller/commuter.

Sorry, I know this is not the forum for politics and shall spew no more of it.
I know its not political -BUT---- Iceland Banks are in trouble and several Local authorities over here are in trouble with big investments now worthless- and we are talking $100,000,000 worth of Local taxpayers money now gone. Our illustrious Leader (We have one too) has started talking about legal action against the Iceland Government to recover these lost funds.

And on the Bike front- Last time I called into my LBS- they were inundated with orders for new bikes and repairs now being booked 2 weeks in advance. Seems that those of us still in jobs over here are trying to cut commuting expenses by cycling to work.

And my Cycling purchases will be cut from now on- Wife made redundant last Friday and out out job hunting. How's she going to buy me my next bike for christmas now?

Not quite as serious as it sounds as good redundancy pay to see her into the spring when her trade will start taking regular staff again.

Spike Milligan