Thread: Corky
View Single Post
Old 10-10-08, 12:47 AM
Wotan
#$*&

Bikes: Bates (of Coburg) track bike(60s/70s?), Malvern Star Ladies coronation (1953), SuperElliots pathracer (60s?), Repco pathracer (1964), Holland Ladies (50s?), Moa (50s?), Hillman Ladies (40s?), Batavia? (40s?), Malvern Star 2 star ladies (50s?)...etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclotoine
Not sure if this is sarcastic of not. I mean no offense to Dr. D. he is a true artist, and for all I know, I don't know what I am talking about. I did have trouble getting the rear axle in and had to chip off paint to get it in, I also had to chip off paint on the rear derailleur hanger to get it to pivot freely. I also cracked the paint on the binder bolt area. I may try and super glue the chip back in place by the binder bolt though. But my comment was as much about that as it was about the obscurity of the words campagnolo on the cable guides and drop-outs. They're pretty "filled-in". That said I am still satisfied with the product I got. I thought about what I would say when I finished the bike and I thought I should be 100% honest. And to be 100% honest the paint is thicker than I would like. But I never saw the frame before, for all I know it had to be that thick to cover up the bondo in the small dents here and there and the pitting around some of the lugs etc...

I think that colour looks better with a thicker paintjob. Looks so damn luscious!