Old 10-10-08, 11:05 AM
fitzpch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JohnKScott -
Great bike you have. I too am coming off a flat bar bike and am going back to a road bike for the first time in almost 20 yrs. I just purchased the Defy 1 and will pick it up tomorrow. I could afford the Alliance but they didn't have one for me to test ride and I liked the feel of the Defy 1 enough to pick it without waiting. Interesting that my LBS owner didn't try to over-sell by pushing the Alliance. He didn't think I'd notice that much difference and it looks like you did like both bikes. In fact, I am having them switch out the triple for a compact so the only difference between the two choices will be the frame.

Sounds like the main pluses for your Alliance choice were the compact (which I'm getting) and cornering ability. Anything else come to mine or would you have been almost as happy with the Defy 1?

Also, what type of lights do you have? I've never really considered riding that early on my old bike but now that I'm getting this road bike, I might want to give it a try to get in miles during the week in the Fall and Spring.

Thanks for the info on your purchase!!!
Fitz