View Single Post
Old 10-10-08, 04:46 PM
NorthWestDork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve

Am I worrying too much? If the frame turns out to be a bit large, can I effectivly fit it to me by shortening the stem and dropping a spacer or two off the fork/stem?

Thanks,
Steve
As you describe in your original post I am about the same dimensions as you. One thing I did notice is that the Fuji Track Pro did seem to run a size small. I normally use a 52-53cm frame, with alot of 54's from different brands made me feel too stretched out. Though, when I bought my Fuji Track Pro I ended up with a size 54. I assume that the combination of the geometry just had it happen to fit me just right.

As for riding a 56, I would say to take the bike out on an extended test ride. Feel if you can ride both on the tops and drops of the bars without feeling too stretched out. Can you ride comfortably with your elbows bent? Or do you have to lock out your arms and curl your shoulders in just to reach the bars?

If it feels right, then it should be right. Unless youre getting a custom fitted frame, youll find different makes and models feel subtly different even if theyre both labeled XX cm. Kinda like pairs of shoes, some fit and some dont even though they say the same size (or are made to fit differently).