Old 10-10-08, 06:55 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uke
To Turbo, ignore the trolls--literally. I put at least two of the people you're arguing with on ignore about a month ago.
I guess one of them was me then... I'm hurt

Originally Posted by uke
They aren't worth the time or trouble, and they get kicks out of pissing with people instead of riding bikes.
Incorrect. I rode 20,000 miles last year and nearly 13,000 miles so far this year.

Originally Posted by uke
I don't carry a tube or pump or any of that stuff when I ride either; if something happens, I'll walk the bike home or call someone. Don't let other people try to put you down for not doing things the way they do; life is too short to waste on such small-mindeness.
If you don't want to carry the equipment to be self-reliant that's one thing. But Turbo brought this on himself by criticising the vast majority of riders that do chose be self-reliant, by saying "Some people need all the baggage and stupid water bottle cages tho". However, the thing that really set me off was "I would rather spend my free time sitting in a car grumbling about my flat rather than sitting on the side of the road trying to fix it". To me, that statement defies logic.

Edit: I did say I liked the OP's bike I have a Giant also, and I like it.

Last edited by umd; 10-10-08 at 07:09 PM.