View Single Post
Old 10-15-08, 12:09 AM
t4mv
ES&D

Bikes: 3Rensho, Merlin XL, Melton custom, Michael Johnson tandem, Look 481SL, Pedal Force RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by starvingdavid
I rode the Coyote Creek Classic to benefit the Santa Clara County Boy Scouts this weekend.
Gack, I thought we were the only ones crazy enough to do this ride... I echo sd's assessment of the ride, too. Having done the ride in the past I already knew the start was going to be very dodgy but it actually wasn't so bad getting out to Bailey. Getting back to the trail on the way back was pretty much the pits; I took a decidedly more direct tone with a kid on a green bike and told him where to go. I thought most parents did a creditable job of keeping their broods under control so at least they're making an effort.

As for the ride itself, the downhill run down Uvas past Oak Glen and then the run down Bailey made it worth slogging it out with the once-a-year folks and wind. My friend and I (and our sons) were the only tandems I saw on the entire ride. Hey, RedRider, if you don't want anyone sucking your wheel, come do this ride. Not a single limpet the entire ride!