View Single Post
Old 10-15-08, 11:46 AM
KidTruth

Bikes: 2008 Specialized Allez Elite, 2007 Trek 7.3 FX, 2005 generic Schwinn Mountain Bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in, but joined some Hospital's team basically as the only real cyclist (as a favor for a friend - their are four hospitals in the area and apparently this team needed some support, and it's my bosses' girlfriend, so... might as well).

A little worried but I have heard that the roads are so packed that this isn't really the kind of ride that you want to race through unless you have a great group lined up - and my local group is just a tad fast for me (they average about 26 mph, I almost always fall off the line at about mile 40 of 50.. sigh)

So instead (and I'm a little nervous about this) I will be organizing this team and hopefully teaching them to work in a paceline, and pulling the entire way. Of course, I imagine we'll be going about 15-16 mph so... shouldn't really have any issue since I currently do solo 50-60 mile rides and average about 18 mph. I just hope I don't have too many dropouts.. I've already heard things like "I haven't been on my bike in a year"... urgh..

Oh well, it'll give me a chance to work on my leadership skills and also my motivational ones. Plus, I'll probably live in Austin by then, instead of Houston where I live now.. so maybe I'll be able to ride straight home =p