Thread: DealExtreme
View Single Post
Old 10-17-08, 08:35 PM
sunburst

Bikes: Giant, Peugeots, Motobecanes, Kona, Specialized, Bike Friday, Ironhorse, Royal Scot, Schwinns

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by GTALuigi
Paypal is legit and the safest place you can use for check out

i hate normal CC check out, i always rather buy on stores that offers Paypal than CC

Paypal has a hassle free money back guaranteed, if you are not happy, more effective than CC
I found out the hard way, the limits of PayPal's protection. A bike shop would not ship my parts, even after a month had gone by. He ignored emails & calls. I started an official PayPal dispute. PayPal never once said they could guarantee a refund of my money (I asked!), but said they would contact the vendor, which they did. I finally got the parts maybe 4 weeks later. As soon as the delivery was verified, Paypal canceled the dispute.

I immediately got back to PayPal, "hey! ... whaddabout damaged, and/or missing parts!?!" And there were missing parts.

They said, "we only deal with if the shipment occurred, not what was shipped."

Wow. That was the end of it. I was f**ked! PayPal was done. The transaction was a success I guess, in their minds. They did tell me to talk to the FBI's online fraud dept if I wanted to pursue the vendor. They also said their full protection only applies if it is an ebay transaction.

Anyway, the wheels I ordered this week were paid for with Discover. I called the cc company first to ask if they would reverse funds if I got screwed again (told them my PayPal story). They said yes. Hopefully I won't ever have to test that.

Last edited by sunburst; 10-17-08 at 08:41 PM.