View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 11:51 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by txvintage
In these here parts, it's a pretty common practice to apply the cost of a fitting to the purchase price of a bike if you purchase it within a certain time frame. If you know you are going to buy, it's a great investment.
My LBS does half the cost of the fitting toward bikes under $3K and full price for bikes over $3K.

Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Whathappen to my postis?

I have buds your size that ride XL Giant CF frames. Nice bikes! Might have a big saddle to handlebar drop, but hey, you have long arms!
No idea where your post went... I'll look around and tell you if I see it.

A big saddle to bar drop isn't always an OK thing for someone just because they've got long arms. I've got big ol' gorilla arms, and I only have a 1.5" drop from saddle to bartops. It all depends on your riding style, flexibility and strength for how you're best positioned and set up on your bike. I think that's the real benefit of an LBS fitting; is that analysis of all the fiddly things that you might overlook just trying to adjust things on your own.

(Unless you really know what you're doing with bike fitting. In that case, you might be just fine with a DIY fit/adjustment. YMMV.)