Old 10-21-08, 10:14 PM
thebarerider

Bikes: Trek520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by openmindedgent
Good points all around. I made a connection in Naples, FL to work with a community Theatre all winter doing light riggings which is my favorite line of work. In a few cities along the way I will look into bike building jobs at shops and temp agency jobs to help me out. I put my signs in the trash and gave up depending on others, looking like a fool, as well as giving touring cyclists a bad rap. I will be in Florida before Thanksgiving and then I will settle in for a while and save up money as well as get an iPod touch to stay connected without relying on public library computers. I could go home and work and start school but I am only 21 and traveling is tops for me right now. Danger, excitement, good people, bad people, all sorts of people, and the ever changing scenery. Nothing better right now. I have a sister in San Francisco so I will have a home base to start with when I eventually make my way out there. At that point I will settle down and start getting responsible. Thanks for the outlook. Wish me luck!
Follow your heart, just don't ask other people to pay for the travels. Glad you considered the panhandling and decided against it. Have fun out there!