nahh
on your left.

Bikes: Scott SUB 30, Backtrax MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooleric1234
And how exactly do you suggest he do this? Lot's of practice crashing?

No offense, I'm just always amazed at this suggestion. I just don't see any way of really practicing this skill. I've had a few spills myself both on the basketball court and the bike, and I always seem to stick my wrists out or land how I'm not supposed to. I know mentally what I'm supposed to do, but when you have a fraction of a second instinct sets in. Perhaps with training on a mat of some sort I could change my instinct, but for most of us I don't see how we'd practically get that type of training.

In response to the OP, I had a nasty endo a few months ago. Luckily the concussion was bad enough that the last thing I remember was just starting to shift up over my handlebars. There's much less to be scared of when you don't remember the gory details
most martial arts will teach you how to fall. In particular judo, akido, and freestyle karate (that's the one with all the flippy kicks). I've done martial arts for over 9 years (long time considering i'm 16) and can tell you that my experience with learning how to fall has helped me in every crash i've ever had on my bike. I highly recommend it to anyone, it'll save you lots of pain and recovery time.